Willow Creek Apartment Fire - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

Residents evacuate apartment complex after accidental fire

Posted: Updated:

An early morning fire forced residents at an apartment complex to evacuate their homes. 

Early Monday morning a fire broke out at the Willow Creek Apartment complex at 3700 Buena Vista Road in Columbus. The Columbus Fire Department quickly responded after neighbors smelled smoke and called 911.
 
Columbus Fire Chief Ricky Shores confirmed that the fire started in an unoccupied second floor apartment. Smoke billowed from the apartment prompting the fire department and Columbus Police officers to evacuate residents in the area. Fortunately, everyone made it out safely and no one was injured. 
 
Only the owner of the apartment that started the fire has been displaced.
 
Chief Shores say the cause of the fire is accidental. It was relatively small and put out by fire extinguishers.

The damage to building amounts to $3,000, and there are $2,000 in damage to the contents of the apartment.
 
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow

1909 Wynnton Road
Columbus, Ga. 31906

FCC Public File
publicfile@wtvm.com
706-494-5400
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WTVM. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.