Flames shot through the roof of a Rankin County home in the wee hours of Monday morning, destroying the mobile home. Flames spread, consuming the home on Oak Ridge Road.
"When we came outside it was just getting bigger and bigger, I mean quick," said Rayne Morgan.
Morgan, along with her brother, sister and mother were all inside the home when the fire started around 5:30 a.m.
"My brother came in there screaming for everybody to get up and get out that there was a fire," said Morgan. "Mom said that she had lit some candles and went to the kitchen to clean up a little bit, came back and her entire desk was on fire and the curtains had gone just completely up in flames."
Volunteer firefighters from several different volunteer fire departments, including Shell Oil Road and Robinhood, made it to the scene just minutes after the blaze began. Morgan's aunt, who lives next door, says she is thankful everyone was able to make it out of the home.
"Everybody got out. We even go the dogs out," said Constance Morrow. "It's just, all they got out was themselves which is enough, but they don't have anything. They don't even have a change of clothes."
Minutes after the fire was extinguished, Morgan's brother was taken to an area hospital for smoke inhalation.
"It feels like a bad dream and you just don't wake up," said Morgan.
"You can only go up from here, right?" said Morgan's sister. "When you've hit rock bottom you can only go up."