Early morning fire displaces 2 residents - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

Early morning fire displaces 2 residents

Posted: Updated:
The fire was at a mobile home on Carters Gin Road. The fire was at a mobile home on Carters Gin Road.
  • NEWSMore>>

  • GA Senate candidate speaks about his campaign in Columbus

    GA Senate candidate speaks about his campaign in Columbus

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 1:24 AM EDT2014-09-16 05:24:06 GMT
    State Senator Josh McKoon's opponent is questioning his leadership ability, and now the incumbent is responding. Brian Roslund held a news conference Monday, Sept. 15 in Columbus.More >>
    State Senator Josh McKoon's opponent is questioning his leadership ability, and now the incumbent is responding. Brian Roslund held a news conference Monday, Sept. 15 in Columbus.More >>
  • When disciplining a child goes too far

    When disciplining a child goes too far

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 12:57 AM EDT2014-09-16 04:57:04 GMT
    Pending child abuse charges against star Minnesota Viking running back Adrian Peterson has brought spanking back under public scrutiny after photos of his bruised child surfaced. News Leader 9's Brittany
    More >>
    Pending child abuse charges against star Minnesota Viking running back Adrian Peterson has brought spanking back under public scrutiny after photos of his bruised child surfaced. News Leader 9's Brittany Dionne spoke with local experts to find out when spanking becomes abuse. More >>
  • Opelika veteran receives Medal of Honor

    Opelika veteran receives Medal of Honor

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 12:47 AM EDT2014-09-16 04:47:07 GMT
    On Monday afternoon, a local veteran received an important military honor. President Obama  awarded retired Army Command Sergeant Major Bennie Adkins in Opelika with the Medal of Honor at the White
    More >>
    On Monday afternoon, a local veteran received an important military honor. President Obama  awarded retired Army Command Sergeant Major Bennie Adkins in Opelika with the Medal of Honor at the White House.
    More >>
TONEY, AL (WAFF) -

Two Madison County residents were put out of their home after an early morning fire.

Toney Fire & Rescue got the call just before 2:30 a.m. Saturday morning. Firefighters said they saw flames and smoke pouring out of the mobile home when they arrived at the 2000 block of Carters Gin Road.

Firefighters knocked the fire down after about twenty minutes and managed to keep it from spreading from the middle room where it started.

The Red Cross is helping the man and woman who live there.

The Madison County Fire Marshall determined the fire started in the bedroom and was caused by aluminum wiring that is no longer used in mobile homes.

Remember, when breaking news happens, we break it first online, by email, and by text. If you want to receive our breaking news alerts by text, pull out your phone right now and text NEWS to 44848. Message and data rates may apply. You can text STOP at any time to cancel your subscription, text HELP for more information, or call 877-571-0774 for support.

Copyright 2014 WAFF. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

1909 Wynnton Road
Columbus, Ga. 31906

FCC Public File
publicfile@wtvm.com
706-494-5400
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WTVM. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.