HCFR: Early morning fire leaves 5 family members displaced - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

HCFR: Early morning fire leaves 5 family members displaced

Posted: Updated:
Photo courtesy of MGN online Photo courtesy of MGN online
  • NEWSMore>>

  • AU Tigers lead announcer previews upcoming football season

    AU Tigers lead announcer previews upcoming football season

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 6:42 AM EDT2014-08-27 10:42:05 GMT
    The Auburn Tigers take on the Arkansas Razorbacks inside Jordan Hare Stadium on Saturday. News Leader 9's Elizabeth White spoke with Sports Illustrated Commentator of the Year and Auburn lead announcer
    More >>
    The Auburn Tigers take on the Arkansas Razorbacks inside Jordan Hare Stadium on Saturday. News Leader 9's Elizabeth White spoke with Sports Illustrated Commentator of the Year and Auburn lead announcer Rod Bramblett on what we can expect from the Tigers.More >>
  • Day 2: Kareem Lane Trial

    Day 2: Kareem Lane Trial

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 6:39 AM EDT2014-08-27 10:39:03 GMT
    On Day 2 of the re-trial of accused killer Kareem Lane, prosecutors focused heavily on the events that occurred after Muscogee County Superintendent Jim Burn was found stabbed to death at the threshold
    More >>
    On Day 2 of the re-trial of accused killer Kareem Lane, prosecutors focused heavily on the events that occurred after Muscogee County Superintendent Jim Burn was found stabbed to death at the threshold of his Broadway home on October 19, 1992.
    More >>
  • Columbus man wanted in connection to murder turns himself in

    Columbus man wanted in connection to murder turns himself in

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 6:31 AM EDT2014-08-27 10:31:05 GMT
    A Columbus man wanted in connection to the murder of his six month old son and the child's mother is now behind bars tonight.More >>
    A Columbus man wanted in connection to the murder of his six month old son and the child's mother is now behind bars.More >>

HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – Horry County Fire and Rescue officials were called out to a house fire in Loris, around 6:30 a.m. on Saturday, Jan 18.

According to Brian VanAernem, with HCFR, the fire started in the bedroom due to an overheated electrical unit. The smoke detector alerted all the occupants, waking them up and allowing them to exit the house before units for on the scene.

HCFR reported no injuries, however, five people are displaced and Red Cross is assisting.

Copyright 2014. WMBF News. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

1909 Wynnton Road
Columbus, Ga. 31906

FCC Public File
publicfile@wtvm.com
706-494-5400
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WTVM. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.