HCFR: Early morning fire leaves 5 family members displaced - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

HCFR: Early morning fire leaves 5 family members displaced

Posted: Updated:
Photo courtesy of MGN online Photo courtesy of MGN online
  • NEWSMore>>

  • Homeless man found dead near railroad tracks

    Homeless man found dead near railroad tracks

    Thursday, July 17 2014 9:49 AM EDT2014-07-17 13:49:05 GMT
    The body of a homeless man was found Tuesday morning on the railroad tracks near Fifth Avenue and 16th Street in Columbus. Muscogee County Coroner Buddy Bryan has identified the 62-year-old victim but saysMore >>
    The body of a homeless man was found Tuesday morning on the railroad tracks near Fifth Avenue and 16th Street in Columbus.More >>
  • Police search for Opelika Circle K robbery suspects

    Police search for Opelika Circle K robbery suspects

    Saturday, July 26 2014 3:00 AM EDT2014-07-26 07:00:12 GMT
    Police are searching for two suspects after an armed robbery occurred at a gas station on 2nd Ave. in Opelika, Ala. on Thursday, July 24. The incident was caught on surveillance footage. According toMore >>
    Police are searching for two suspects after an armed robbery occurred at a gas station on 2nd Ave. in Opelika, Ala. on Thursday, July 24. The incident was caught on surveillance footage. According toMore >>
  • Auburn woman arrested, charged with child abuse

    Auburn woman arrested, charged with child abuse

    Saturday, July 26 2014 2:48 AM EDT2014-07-26 06:48:08 GMT
    A 20-year-old Auburn woman has been arrested on charges of aggravated child abuse.  The Auburn Police Division arrested Melanie R. Mitchell on a felony warrant on Thursday, July 24. The arrest is the resMore >>
    A 20-year-old Auburn woman has been arrested on charges of aggravated child abuse.  The Auburn Police Division arrested Melanie R. Mitchell on a felony warrant on Thursday, July 24. The arrest is the result of a complaint of child abuse that was reported to police on Tuesday, July 22. More >>

HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – Horry County Fire and Rescue officials were called out to a house fire in Loris, around 6:30 a.m. on Saturday, Jan 18.

According to Brian VanAernem, with HCFR, the fire started in the bedroom due to an overheated electrical unit. The smoke detector alerted all the occupants, waking them up and allowing them to exit the house before units for on the scene.

HCFR reported no injuries, however, five people are displaced and Red Cross is assisting.

Copyright 2014. WMBF News. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

1909 Wynnton Road
Columbus, Ga. 31906

FCC Public File
publicfile@wtvm.com
706-494-5400
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WTVM. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.