Man in his 70s dies in Glendale kitchen fire - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

Man in his 70s dies in Glendale kitchen fire

Kitchen fire in an apartment in the 7700 block of N. 51st Avenue in Glendale. (Source: CBS 5 News) Kitchen fire in an apartment in the 7700 block of N. 51st Avenue in Glendale. (Source: CBS 5 News)
GLENDALE, AZ (CBS5) -

Glendale firefighters discovered the burned body of a man in his 70s who died in a kitchen fire early Wednesday morning.

The victim's name has not been released.

Glendale police Officer Tracey Breeden said investigators believe there was nothing suspicious about the man's death. Firefighters discovered unattended food cooking on the stove top at the man's apartment in the 7700 block of N. 51st Avenue.

Fire crews extinguished the flames and contained the fire just to the kitchen. No other apartments were affected.

The victim lives alone at the residence.

Information and evidence gathered at the scene by Glendale police detectives leads them to believe the death was accidental.

The actual cause of death will be determined by the medical examiner's office.

The investigation is ongoing.

Copyright 2014 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

  • LocalMore>>

  • List: Columbus restaurants open on Thanksgiving Day

    List: Columbus restaurants open on Thanksgiving Day

    Wednesday, November 22 2017 3:19 PM EST2017-11-22 20:19:49 GMT
    (Source: AP Images)(Source: AP Images)

    Not in the mood to cook this Thanksgiving? Is your family meeting a different day, but you still need some food? Worry no more! Check out our list of restaurants ready to fill you up this Thanksgiving!

    More >>

    Not in the mood to cook this Thanksgiving? Is your family meeting a different day, but you still need some food? Worry no more! Check out our list of restaurants ready to fill you up this Thanksgiving!

    More >>
  • Fire on Washington Avenue displaces 4 Columbus families

    Fire on Washington Avenue displaces 4 Columbus families

    Wednesday, November 22 2017 3:15 PM EST2017-11-22 20:15:58 GMT
    (Source: WTVM)(Source: WTVM)

    Fire crews responded to a fire at a residence on Washington Avenue Wednesday morning.  According to Fire Chief Ricky Shores, four units burned, which displaced four families. The families were home at the time of the fire, but no one was injured.  

    More >>

    Fire crews responded to a fire at a residence on Washington Avenue Wednesday morning.  According to Fire Chief Ricky Shores, four units burned, which displaced four families. The families were home at the time of the fire, but no one was injured.  

    More >>
  • Corny Chick-fil-A rap video goes viral

    Corny Chick-fil-A rap video goes viral

    Wednesday, November 22 2017 2:54 PM EST2017-11-22 19:54:00 GMT
    (Source: Jaron Myers Facebook)(Source: Jaron Myers Facebook)

    A comedic take on Chick-fil-A employee’s famous “my pleasure” response to “thank you.” 

    More >>

    A comedic take on Chick-fil-A employee’s famous “my pleasure” response to “thank you.” 

    More >>
Powered by Frankly