No injuries reported after fire at Club Hill Apartments

COLUMBUS, GA (WXTX) - A fire broke out at Club Hill Apartments early Tuesday afternoon.

We spoke with Fire Marshall Ricky Shores, who says the fire has been put out and there are no reported injuries.

Thirty-five firefighters were on the scene earlier battling the fire and the heat of the day.

Chief Shores says they believe the fire was caused by a cooking accident. Only one person was in the apartment at the time.

The building housed six apartments with upstairs and downstairs levels. The apartment where the fire started has been completely gutted, and adjoining apartments were evacuated as a precaution.

We will continue following this story and bring you more details as they become available.  

Copyright 2014 WXTX. All rights reserved.