COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - Wells Fargo team members have chosen 16 nonprofits across Columbus to receive $1,000 in grants as the "Days of Giving" program celebrates its fifth anniversary in a breakfast on Wednesday.
Including this year's support, Wells Fargo has give more than $2.1 million in Days of Giving grants alone to groups across Georgia since the program began.
Wells Fargo gave more than $8.2 million to groups across the state in 2013. "Days of Giving" allows Wells Fargo team members to honor groups helping in their local communities.
''The collective work of these 16 nonprofits makes a huge impact in our communities,'' said Robert Horn, area president for Wells Fargo. ''Our community has a variety of needs and we are honored to support these groups in their efforts to change Columbus for the better - one step at a time.''
The following groups will receive their checks today at a community breakfast at the Goodwill Success Center, located at 2601 Cross Country Dr. in Columbus on Wednesday:
• American Red Cross West Central GA Chapter
• Big Brothers Big Sisters
• Boy Scouts of America Chattahoochee Council
• Columbus Black History Museum
• Columbus Community Center
• Girls, Inc.
• House of Heroes
• Infantry Museum
• New Horizons
• Phenix City Court Referral
• Russell County Child Advocacy Center
• Sexual Assault Support Center
• TEARS, Inc.
• The Boys and Girls Club of Chattahoochee Valley
• Twin Cedars
• Valley Interfaith Promise
Similar events are taking place this fall across Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee and Mississippi.