COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – Murder suspect, Bernard Gibson appeared in Recorder's court Thursday morning for aggravated assault and murder charges.
Gibson is accused of the Calvin Avenue shooting that killed Gerald Hightower Jr. on Jan. 7.
Columbus Police confirmed that Gibson is facing a total of 15 charges:
- Possession of a firearm (three counts) with a bond set at $50,000
- Obstruction of an of an officer (two counts) with no bond
- Inference with government property with bond set at $300
- Armed robbery (two counts) with no bond
- Murder without bond
- Aggravated assault without bond
- Simple battery with bond set at $1,000
- Violation of probation (three counts)
- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
Gibson is set for a court appearance on Thursday Jan. 27, 2015.