Shaw High hosts Partners in Education Appreciation Luncheon - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

Shaw High hosts Partners in Education Appreciation Luncheon

COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - It was a day of recognizing some achievements and success at Shaw High School.

Students in the FBLA program, as well as other courses, were presented as some of the top performing in the state.

WTVM is a "partner in education" with Shaw.

"These partnerships are so beneficial to our school," said Melanie Boatner, a business education teacher at Shaw. "We have partners that come and actually help with on-site events. They help us coordinate so many events that lead toward student achievement." 

Muscogee County schools and the Columbus Chamber coordinate the "partners in education" program.

Copyright 2015 WTVM. All rights reserved. 
  • LocalMore>>

  • Rep. Tom Graves releases a statement on the government shutdown

    Rep. Tom Graves releases a statement on the government shutdown

    Saturday, January 20 2018 2:06 PM EST2018-01-20 19:06:43 GMT
    (Source: Tom Graves Instagram)(Source: Tom Graves Instagram)

    COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – Rep. Tom Graves released a statement about his involvement in the government shutdown. Read the full statement below: “I supported the short-term government funding bill that passed the House on Thursday, which delays harmful Obamacare taxes and also extends the Children’s Health Insurance Program for six years. The House did its job. The sole reason the government shut down is because Senate Democrats refused to join Senate Republicans t...

    More >>

    COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – Rep. Tom Graves released a statement about his involvement in the government shutdown. Read the full statement below: “I supported the short-term government funding bill that passed the House on Thursday, which delays harmful Obamacare taxes and also extends the Children’s Health Insurance Program for six years. The House did its job. The sole reason the government shut down is because Senate Democrats refused to join Senate Republicans t...

    More >>
  • Funeral for Dollar General shooting victim held Saturday

    Funeral for Dollar General shooting victim held Saturday

    Saturday, January 20 2018 3:54 PM EST2018-01-20 20:54:46 GMT
    (Source: Family)(Source: Family)

    COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - The funeral for the shooting victim who was involved in a road rage incident was held Saturday afternoon. Lorenzo Freeman was killed after a road rage incident involving two other men at a Dollar General in Fort Mitchell. The funeral was held Saturday at 1 p.m. in Ozark, AL.  Copyright 2018 WTVM. All rights reserved. | For more news, download the WTVM app here.

    More >>

    COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - The funeral for the shooting victim who was involved in a road rage incident was held Saturday afternoon. Lorenzo Freeman was killed after a road rage incident involving two other men at a Dollar General in Fort Mitchell. The funeral was held Saturday at 1 p.m. in Ozark, AL.  Copyright 2018 WTVM. All rights reserved. | For more news, download the WTVM app here.

    More >>
  • Hazmat team responds to situation at Auburn University

    Hazmat team responds to situation at Auburn University

    Saturday, January 20 2018 3:50 PM EST2018-01-20 20:50:36 GMT
    (Source: Auburn University)(Source: Auburn University)

    COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - Auburn police and fire crews responded to a hazmat situation at Auburn University this afternoon. The incident occurred in Funchess hall at Auburn.  A hazardous chemical was reportedly poured down the drain during the cleanup process in one of the rooms being cleaned. The chemical did not go all the way down the drain and caused an odor in the building.  One person inside the building reported lightheadedness as a result of the fumes and i...

    More >>

    COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - Auburn police and fire crews responded to a hazmat situation at Auburn University this afternoon. The incident occurred in Funchess hall at Auburn.  A hazardous chemical was reportedly poured down the drain during the cleanup process in one of the rooms being cleaned. The chemical did not go all the way down the drain and caused an odor in the building.  One person inside the building reported lightheadedness as a result of the fumes and i...

    More >>
Powered by Frankly