COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - Fort Service Learning Magnet Academy held a special celebration on Thursday, all in honor of Black History Month.
Students performed a theatrical production of Hairspray, and the African American Tri-Cities Role Models for 2015 will be honored at 6:30 p.m.
The honorees were chosen because of their servant leadership in our communities. A list of those honorees include:
- Vanessa Biggers - Retired Principal, Muscogee County School District Mr. Kevin Brown - Director, Marion County Family Connection and the Josh Gibson Youth and Family Resource Center
- Kennedy Davenport - Cadet Colonel and Brigade Commander in the Muscogee County Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps (JROTC) at Kendrick High School and former student of Fort Middle School. She has been accepted into the Prep-School of the United States Military Academy (West Point). Mr. Ralph Brown - Mayor of Buena Vista, Georgia
- Shermaine Derrick - Principal, Eddy Middle School Mr. Charlie E. Matthews - Owner and Licensed Funeral Director of Langston & Brown Funeral Home
- Laura Jackson - Assistant Principal, Harris County High School Dr. Issac Neal - Retired Principal, Muscogee County School District and Hospital Homebound Instructor for Muscogee County School District
- Reverend Sherryl Sneed - Pastor of Peters Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church Reverend Melvin Perry - Pastor of Thompson Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church
- Theresa Thornton - Chief Financial Officer, Muscogee County School District Mr. Calvin Smyre - Georgia House of Representatives District 135
- Kimberly Wright - Executive Administrative Assistant of Operation and Facilities for Muscogee County School District Mr. Ian Williams - United States Army Veteran, Partner In Education ~ Lewis Hayden Masonic Lodge and scholar of Le Cordon Bleu