COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - On Monday, March 9, Forrest Road will be closed between Elm Drive and Avalon Road for the construction of a new bridge over Cooper Creek.
A signed detour route along Elm Drive, Macon Road, and Avalon Road will be in effect during the closure. The road closure is expected to remain in effect for approximately six months, but may be extended due to weather and unanticipated site conditions.
The detour routes are as follows:
- Turn left from Forrest Road onto Elm Drive northbound for 0.6 miles.
- Turn right from Elm Drive onto Macon Road eastbound for 0.8 miles.
- Turn right from Macon Road onto Avalon Road southbound for 0.5 miles.
- Turn left from Avalon Road onto Forrest Road eastbound.
- Turn right from Forrest Road onto Avalon Road northbound for 0.5 miles.
- Turn left from Avalon Road onto Macon Road westbound for 0.8 miles.
- Turn left from Macon Road onto Elm Drive southbound for 0.6 miles.
- Turn right from Elm Drive onto Forrest Road westbound.