COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - The five remaining candidates for Columbus State University's presidential search will be a part of open forums during their campus visits in the next several weeks.
The two open forums will begin Monday, March 2 from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Main Campus Center for Commerce and Technology auditorium, and at the RiverPark Campus Riverside Theatre Complex Studio Theatre from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
The dates and the candidates are as follows:
- Monday, March 2, 2 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.: Dr. Randy Hanna, former Chancellor, Florida College System
- Wednesday, March 4, 2 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.: Dr. Al Romero, former Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL
- Monday, March 9, 2 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.: Dr. Chris Markwood, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, TX
- Wednesday, March 11, 2 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.: Dr. Carl Stockton, Provost and Senior Vice-President for Academic Affairs, University of Houston-Clear Lake, TX
- Monday, March 16, 2 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.: Dr. José-Marie Griffiths, Vice President for Academic Affairs, Bryant University, Smithfield, RI
CSU stakeholders will share in the selection process during candidates' campus visits and open forums by submitting feedback online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CSUPresident.
After the candidates' visits, the presidential search committee will recommend 3 to 5 finalists to the University System Board of Regents who will recommend an unspecified number of finalists to chancellor Hank Huckaby. Huckaby will recommend his top choice to the full board.
For more information, contact John Finley, search committee chair, at 706-507-8169, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://our5thpresident.columbusstate.edu/index.php.