TALLAPOOSA COUNTY (WTVM) – One man was was taken into custody on several drug related charges following a search warrant on Tuesday March 31.
Investigators went to a residence to follow up on a related drug charge and during the search the task force seized around 160 grams of methamphetamine and seven firearms.
Robert Pitts, 41, was arrested on the following charges:
- Trafficking in methamphetamine
- Two counts of assault in the second degree
- Unlawful manufacture of a controlled substance in the first degree
- Three counts of illegal purchase of precursor
- Attempt to commit a controlled substance crime
- Resisting arrest
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
The drug related charges were directly linked to purchasing pseudo-ephedrine for the manufacturing of methamphetamine.