PINE MOUNTAIN, GA (WTVM) – Callaway Gardens announced on May 21 its schedules for a summer filled with movies and music.
"Sunsets and Summer fun is the name of the game. Most every Friday and Saturday beginning at 5 p.m., admission to Callaway Gardens' Robin Lake Beach becomes $5-- where every day is a beach day," the press release said.
On Fridays through Aug. 28, Fabulous Fridays will be filled with music, movies on the beach and a circus. Events will be held from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., and at 7 p.m., live music will keep guests entertained. Friday events will also feature vegetables, fresh breads, meats, crafts and more from the local area.
Between May 29 and July 31 (excluding June 26 and July 3), Friday nights will include performances by the famous FSU Flying High Circus at 8 p.m. prior to the movie.
The schedules of family-friendly movies include:
- May 22 Big Hero 6
- May 29 Paddington
- June 5 Up
- June 12 Frozen
- June 19 Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
- (No movie June 26 due to .38 Special concert)
- (No movie July 3rd due to July 4th weekend)
- July 10 Earth to Echo
- July 17 Strange Magic
- July 24 Annie (2014)
- July 31 Tinkerbell and the Legend of the Neverbeast
- August 7 The Boxtrolls
- August 14 The Avengers (2012)
- August 21 MacFarland, USA
- August 28 Guardians of the Galaxy
- Saturday nights will kick off at 5 p.m. with an onsite DJ. The following musicians take the stage at 7 p.m. with a performance by the FSU Flying High Circus during intermission:
- June 6 Wicked Dixie
- June 13 Aces and 8's
- June 20 Brandon Holden
- June 27 Sons-N-Britches
- July 11 Secret Sauce
- July 25 Kyle Wilson
- August 1 Wicked Dixie
- August 8 Aces and 8's
- August 15 Brandon Holden
- August 22 Davis Nix
- August 29 Neal Lucas
For more details on the artists, visit www.callawaygardens.com/sunsetmusicseries.
All of this is on Robin Lake Beach as well as swimming in Robin Lake, 18-holes of miniature golf, shuffleboard, a children's playground, and oversized chess and checker sets.
For a nominal fee, Aqua Island, a floating water playground is great fun as are the new two-person Roadster bicycles, bumper blaster boats, paddle boats, Xcelerator water slide, rock climbing wall and spider jump.
A Movie on the Beach or a Saturday Sunset Concert is a great way to end a full day of family fun at Callaway Gardens. Bring a blanket or chair and enjoy these music and movie nights. The Beach Pavilion Concessions and Beach Bar will be open for patrons.
Admission for these nights is $5 per adult; $2.50 per child age 6 to 12 and free for children 5 and younger. Admission will be complimentary for annual pass holders and military (active and retired with ID) and half-price for up to four guests in the same vehicle. Veterans (with ID) receive half-price admission for themselves.
Guests visiting the Gardens during the day will be admitted to the movies at no additional cost. Day admission is $20*/adult; $10/child (ages 6 to 12); children 5 and younger are admitted for free.
The Gardens and its attractions are open daily during the Summer from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Beach stays open throughout duration of these activities.
Special Musical Events
- May 23 The Regulars (special Memorial Day Weekend admission)
- May 24 Final Answer Band (special Memorial Day Weekend admission, Sunday)
- May 30 Parmalee with Ricky Gunn (special concert admission)
- June 26 .38 Special with Sam Koon (special concert admission, Friday)
- July 3 Barstool Prophets (special July 4th weekend admission, Friday)
- July 4 Swingin' Medallions (special July 4th weekend admission)
- July 5 Chris Collins (special July 4th admission, Sunday)
- July 18 Foghat (special concert admission)
- September 5 Final Answer Band (special Sky Hot Air Balloon Festival admission)
- September 6 Ricky Gunn (special Sky High Hot Air Balloon Festival admission)
- September 12 Barstool Prophets (special Craft Beer Festival admission)
The Beach Trip package (www.callawaygardens.com/beachtrip) is a great overnight value starting at $119 in the Mountain Creek Inn. It includes lodging, one session on Aqua Island, bicycle rental and tennis court time.
For additional information, call 1.800.463.6990 or visit www.callawaygardens.com