. - The National Weather Service office in Peachtree City, GA issued their June 2015 climate report for north and central Georgia. Here are a few key points.
- All locations were warmer than normal and most were drier than normal.
- The hottest temperature in the area was 100° in Athens on 6/22 and Macon on 6/17 & 6/18
- Atlanta received 6.91 inches of rain making June 2015 the 13th wettest June on record. This is 2.96 inches above normal.
Columbus June Climate
- The hottest temperature was 97° set on 6/17, 6/22, 6/23 (this ties the old record on 97° set in 1950)
- 18 days at least 90° and above
- Average temperature was 80.5° making June 2015 the 41st warmest June on record. This is 0.7° above normal.
- Highest rainfall amount in one day was 1.30 inches on 6/9
- Received 4.07 inches of rain making June 2015 the 52nd wettest June on record. This is 0.35 inches above normal.