COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - Labor Day 2015 is Monday, Sept. 7. Here is a list of closings that you'll need to know.
- There will be no waste and recycling pic-up on Monday. The alternate holiday schedule is Monday routes will be picked up on Tuesday, Sept. 8, Tuesday routes will be picked up on Wednesday, Sept. 9 and normal services resuming on Thursday, Sept. 10.
- 311 Citizens Services, both Granite Bluff and Pine Grove landfills, the parks and recreation offices, and animal control are closed on Monday; services resume on Tuesday.
- METRA bus services will be closed on Monday; services to resume Tuesday, Sept. 8.
- Recorder’s court will only be open for an 8 a.m. session only.
- The Civic Center’s Columbus ice rink will be open, but its administrative offices will be closed.
- The Columbus Government Center will be closed on Monday, Sept. 8, for the exception of fire, police and ambulance services. For more information, see the Columbus Consolidated Government website's list by clicking here.
- Auburn City Hall will be closed for the exception of police, fire and communications on Labor Day. Trash and waster pick-up will also be delayed. You can view the schedule by clicking here.
- The Auburn Public Library will be closed on Monday, Sept. 7.
- All Auburn Parks and recreation facilities will be closed on Monday, Sept. 7 except for the Samford Ave. pool and the Yarbrough Tennis Center. Facilities will reopen at their normal times on Tuesday, Sept. 8. For more information, click here.
- All Opelika City offices will be closed, including: Opelika Power Services customer services, Cooper Library, City Hall, Public Works Administration building and municipal court offices.
- No trash pick up on Labor Day. For a schedule of pick ups, click here.
For Phenix City
- All Phenix City government offices will be closed on Labor Day.
- All banks and U.S. Post Offices observe Labor Day and will be closed.
- The Georgia Department of Driver Services will be closed from Saturday, Sept. 5 through Tuesday Sept. 8 in observance of Labor Day. Offices will reopen on Wednesday, Sept. 8. For more information, click here.