Fox Elementary School student injures hand at school Tuesday - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

Fox Elementary School student injures hand at school Tuesday

(Source: Muscogee County Schools website) (Source: Muscogee County Schools website)

COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - A kindergarten student from Columbus is being treated for a hand injury in Atlanta.

Valerie Fuller with the Muscogee County School District says the child was hurt between 11 a.m. and noon Tuesday in the Fox Elementary lunch room.

It was serious enough for the student to be taken to Midtown Medical Center. He was moved later that day to an Atlanta hospital.

There's no word on his condition as of Thursday morning.

Students, faculty and staff were notified of the incident, Fuller says. 

Fuller says the school district is reviewing the incident and school administrators are taking preventative measures to continuously monitor all activities, including safety measures. 

Copyright 2015 WTVM. All rights reserved. 

  • LocalMore>>

  • More flu cases confirmed, doctors still recommend getting vaccinated

    More flu cases confirmed, doctors still recommend getting vaccinated

    Saturday, January 20 2018 4:32 PM EST2018-01-20 21:32:31 GMT
    (Source: WTVM)(Source: WTVM)
    COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – Dr. Joseph Conklin with Columbus Regional Health said he's already seen his fair share of patients coming into his office, saying they have flu-like symptoms. "We're seeing a fair amount this year," he said. "Maybe a little more compared to last year." Numbers across the country only support his observation. The Centers for Disease Control reported 14,401 confirmed flu cases during the week of January 13, bringing the season's tot...More >>
    COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – Dr. Joseph Conklin with Columbus Regional Health said he's already seen his fair share of patients coming into his office, saying they have flu-like symptoms. "We're seeing a fair amount this year," he said. "Maybe a little more compared to last year." Numbers across the country only support his observation. The Centers for Disease Control reported 14,401 confirmed flu cases during the week of January 13, bringing the season's tot...More >>
  • Funeral for Dollar General shooting victim held Saturday

    Funeral for Dollar General shooting victim held Saturday

    Saturday, January 20 2018 3:54 PM EST2018-01-20 20:54:46 GMT
    (Source: Family)(Source: Family)

    COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - The funeral for the shooting victim who was involved in a road rage incident was held Saturday afternoon. Lorenzo Freeman was killed after a road rage incident involving two other men at a Dollar General in Fort Mitchell. The funeral was held Saturday at 1 p.m. in Ozark, AL.  Copyright 2018 WTVM. All rights reserved. | For more news, download the WTVM app here.

    More >>

    COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - The funeral for the shooting victim who was involved in a road rage incident was held Saturday afternoon. Lorenzo Freeman was killed after a road rage incident involving two other men at a Dollar General in Fort Mitchell. The funeral was held Saturday at 1 p.m. in Ozark, AL.  Copyright 2018 WTVM. All rights reserved. | For more news, download the WTVM app here.

    More >>
  • Hazmat team responds to situation at Auburn University

    Hazmat team responds to situation at Auburn University

    Saturday, January 20 2018 3:50 PM EST2018-01-20 20:50:36 GMT
    (Source: Auburn University)(Source: Auburn University)

    COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - Auburn police and fire crews responded to a hazmat situation at Auburn University this afternoon. The incident occurred in Funchess hall at Auburn.  A hazardous chemical was reportedly poured down the drain during the cleanup process in one of the rooms being cleaned. The chemical did not go all the way down the drain and caused an odor in the building.  One person inside the building reported lightheadedness as a result of the fumes and i...

    More >>

    COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - Auburn police and fire crews responded to a hazmat situation at Auburn University this afternoon. The incident occurred in Funchess hall at Auburn.  A hazardous chemical was reportedly poured down the drain during the cleanup process in one of the rooms being cleaned. The chemical did not go all the way down the drain and caused an odor in the building.  One person inside the building reported lightheadedness as a result of the fumes and i...

    More >>
Powered by Frankly