COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – Frying a turkey can be difficult and dangerous, but we have some things you can do to make sure you do not have a Turkey Day disaster.
John Mclemore, President of CEO and Masterbuilt shows us how to properly fry our turkey.
- Thaw turkey in sink, getting rid of cold pockets and ice crystals; Dry off completely
- Heat your turkey fryer to 375 degrees and fill with 3 gallons of oil
- Inject turkey with 16 oz. of marinade seasoning (1oz per pound in the entire turkey)
- Wear gloves when slowly lowering the turkey into the fryer.
- Cook 4 minutes per pound.
It is best to do your cooking outside away from your home in an uncovered area.
Click here to watch a step-by-step instructional video on how to fry a turkey.