COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – A building the used to house a restaurant in Columbus was on fire early Sunday evening.
Fire crews arrived at the scene of a structure fire on the 3200 block of Victory Drive. The building formerly housed a Shoney's restaurant. It is unclear if another restaurant is currently operating in the building.
Fire officials on-scene told News Leader 9 that they believe the cause of the fire was electrical wiring. The fire caused the most damage to the back of the building, when it caught fire and spread through the attic.
A firefighter sustained minor injuries to his wrist, but is OK.
The fire remains under investigation. Check back for more updates.