(WTVM) – With 2016 a little more than a week away, many people look ahead and start thinking of New Year's resolutions, but you have to make sure you complete those resolutions you made for this year.
It is important to remember these 9 tips to help you round out 2015 strong:
1. Define your goals
- Chose two or three goals you want to accomplish and really tackle them.
2. Let them be known
- Sharing your goals with close friends (whether in person or on social media) is a good way to hold yourself accountable.
3. Create a plan of action
- Create something measurable you can achieve every week (eat fast food only once a week instead of every day or take a walk in the park three times a week).
4. Free your schedule of any distractions
- Do not check Facebook as often in the day or cut out some of those water cooler talks.
5. Go to the gym
- Working out can boost your determination and is a good stress reliever too.
6. Start your day with the hardest task first
- Doing the hardest thing first will give you an “I can do this” feeling, and this will help you face more challenges throughout the day.
7. Use a timer
- This will help you manage your time wisely and will keep you on track.
8. Wrap up every day with a list
- Write down all you got accomplished in your long to do list; this will enable you to look back and feel good about your day.
9. Turn the holidays into inspiration
- Think of a rewards system to treat yourself by making a list of things you want to accomplish before you get to your holiday festivities.