UPDATE: Cause of 16th Street house fire determined - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

UPDATE: Cause of 16th Street house fire determined

COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) -

The Columbus Fire Department has determined that that a space heater left on a mattress was the cause of a house fire in the 1300 block of 16th St. in Columbus Monday night.

Two young boys were home at the time, but there were no injuries reported from the fire. We do know that a dog was recovered from the house, and firefighters successfully resuscitated it.

The fire caused 35 thousand dollars in damage.

Copyright WTVM 2016. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly