(WTVM) – Good news at the gas pump as drivers are expected to save $17 billion in gas this year. The average price across the U.S. is $2.27 a gallon.
Gas prices are down 3 cents from last week's average of $2.30 a gallon, and down 50 cents compared to last year's average of $2.77 a gallon.
The cheapest gas in Columbus can be found:
- Liberty at 4206 Victory Dr. for $1.92 a gallon
- RaceWay at 4421 Victory Dr. for $1.94 a gallon
The cheapest gas in LaGrange can be found:
- Walmart Neighborhood Market at 955 LaFayette Pkwy. for $2.13 a gallon
- DJ's Mart at 2255 West Point Rd. for $2.14 a gallon
The cheapest gas in Phenix City can be found:
- Marathon at 3881 U.S. Hwy. 431 S. for $1.97 a gallon
- Castle Fuels at 3717 U.S. Hwy. 431 N for $1.97 gallon
The cheapest gas in Auburn can be found:
- Walmart at 2047 E University Dr. for $1.94 a gallon
- Tigers Den at 1791 Shug Jordan Pkwy. for $1.95 a gallon
You can search for the cheapest prices in your neighborhood by clicking here.
The following factors could affect gas prices: Federal and/or state tax changes, Middle East affairs, refinery maintenance-unscheduled outages, weather events, and shipping snags could affect prices.