COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – The Enrichment Services Program will be accepting appointment calls for heating assistance for Muscogee County residents beginning Thursday, Jan. 14 at 5 p.m.
ESP says appointments will be taken by phone by calling 706-223-3820 until the allotted spots have been filled. All applicants will be seen at Occasions Event Center at 1807 Victory Dr.
People looking for assistance must bring the following:
- Proof of income for the past 30 days for all household members age 18 and older
- Proof of Social Security number for each person living in the household
- Last or current month’s heating bill (you must bring this even if you are getting your gas or propane bill paid)
- Proof of citizenship or legal immigrant status for all household members age 18 and older (unexpired state issued picture ID: driver’s license, ID card, voter registration card, passport, or military ID)
- If receiving SSI, the 2016 award letter is required
To make an appointment for someone else, you must fill in that person's name and social security number or the appointment will be discarded.