COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - A fire around noon on Friday destroyed one Columbus family's entire kitchen while they made lunch.
Thankfully, everybody got out of the house safely without injuries.
The incident happened on the 900 block of Bethune Court.
Jennifer Mitchell says her mother and two of her children were inside the home when a grease fire got out of control.
"You never know it could have been a lot worse than this, I could have not had a house to come home to today, I am just thankful that my kids are okay," Mitchell said.
Mitchell says her 3-year-old and 4-month-old are doing fine.
American Red Cross officials were on the scene and will be providing the family with some resources.