COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – The Muscogee County Marshal's Office will be hosting informative and interactive sessions addressing issue regarding the safe, legal and responsible way to possess and handle firearms in Georgia.
Marshal's Office certified firearms instructors will teach all sessions.
The topics will include:
- Georgia Law concerning firearms and Use of Force
- Proper handling, cleaning, and storage of firearms
- Hands-on Training
- Emphasis on Handgun Safety
You must be 21 years or older to attend theses classes and a criminal history check will be conducted.
Please bring the following items to the class:
- Your firearm, holster, and 100 rounds of ammunition.
- Eye and ear protection (Marshal’s Office will have some on-hand)
- Lunch, drinks, and snacks (Range Day)
- Baseball type cap and weather-appropriate clothing for range day
The sessions will take place at the Muscogee County Marshal's Office located at 100 10th Street in the West Wing on the second floor. Classes will be on July 25 and July 26 from 5:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. and July 30 from 8 a.m. until noon.
To register contact Captain C. Lockette at (706) 225-4385 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by July 19 and the cost is $42 per person.