COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - Crews are on the scene of a house fire on Auburn Avenue in Columbus.
The intersection of Auburn Avenue and Edgewood Road are blocked off as three fire trucks and an ambulance are on the scene to attend to the fire.
Thick smoke could be seen coming from the home. No one was injured.
The Columbus Fire and EMS says that the fire was caused when a male was getting a bottle of fingernail polish when it fell on the counter near a lit candle.
The ignited nail polish caused $75,000 in damage to the home.
This is a developing story. Check back for more updates.