COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – There will be a temporary road closure on Forrest Road beginning Monday, Aug. 15.
The closure will be on Forrest Road between Elm Drive and Avalon Road from Aug. 15 through Wednesday, Aug. 17. It will be closed to all through traffic for the placement of asphalt on both sides of the new Cooper Creek bridge.
Detour signs will be placed along Elm Drive, Macon Road, and Avalon Road during the closure.
The detour route is identical to the route previously used during the recent bridge replacement project. It is expected to reopen to traffic by Wednesday, Aug. 17, but could be extended due to weather.
The detour route is:
- Turn left from Forrest Road onto Elm Drive northbound for 0.6 miles.
- Turn right from Elm Drive onto Macon Road eastbound for 0.8 miles.
- Turn right from Macon Road onto Avalon Road southbound for 0.5 miles.
- Turn left from Avalon Road onto Forrest Road eastbound.
- Turn right from Forrest Road onto Avalon Road northbound for 0.5 miles.
- Turn left from Avalon Road onto Macon Road westbound for 0.8 miles.
- Turn left from Macon Road onto Elm Drive southbound for 0.6 miles.
- Turn right from Elm Drive onto Forrest Road westbound.
During the closure, drivers are encouraged to seek alternate routes or proceed with caution along the detour route.