Man displaced after morning house fire in Columbus - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

Man displaced after morning house fire in Columbus

(Source: WTVM) (Source: WTVM)
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) -

A Columbus man has been displaced after an early morning house fire on Tuesday.

Columbus Fire Marshal Ricky Shores confirms the fire happened at about 7 a.m. at a duplex in the 1000 block of 17th Street.

The cause of the fire is smoking materials left on a couch, which caused the couch to catch fire.

The resident was not at home at the time of the fire. A neighbor smelled smoke and called it in.

Shores says the fire caused about $10,000 in damage.

Copyright WTVM 2016. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly