COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - Enrichment Services Program, Inc. will be accepting appointment calls for Heating Assistance for residents who are 65 years or older and those who are homebound in Muscogee County on Nov. 3 at 7 a.m.
In order for the household to be deemed homebound, all household members must have disabilities confining them to the home. Also, the household members must be unable to travel to apply for Energy Assistance because of a medical condition which qualifies the person for home services.
Appointments will be taken by the telephone only until the allotted appointments have been made for November 2016. There will be no appointment made the week of the Thanksgiving holiday, Nov. 21 – Nov. 25).
All applicants will be seen at Occasions Event Center located at 1807 Victory Dr.
Anyone interested in applying must provide the following information:
- Proof of income for all household members for the past 30 days
- Proof of Social Security Numbers for each person in the household
- Last/current month’s heating bill for the household
- For all household members that are 18 years old or older: Current proof of citizenship or legal immigrant status (state issued picture identification (ID) such as: driver’s license, ID card, voter registration card, passport, military ID, etc.)
- If receiving SSI, Social Security, Pension, VA Benefits, or Worker’s Compensation the 2016 award letter is required.
If applying for assistance with gas or propane, the current electricity bill is also needed. The appointment line will close periodically based on the availability of funds.
To make an appoint call (706) 940-4033.