(WTVM) - People often say the news is depressing, and there's never anything positive being reported.
Well, we'd have to disagree.
While we often cover many tragic cases, we also share many stories of ordinary people spreading hope and happiness throughout their community.
Throughout the week, we'll compile a list of uplifting or positive stories and share them on Friday.
Take a look at these feel-good stories from earlier this week:
1. Five brothers from Salem, AL grew their hair out for two years to donate to cancer support organizations.
2. The two Auburn High School students who captured people's hearts with their sweet NASCAR-themed homecoming story finally got to meet Kyle Busch.
3. The mother of a boy with Down syndrome is trying to change the face of beauty.
4. The mother of conjoined twins was able to hold her son Jadon alone for the first time last week.
5. Basketball legend Charles Barkley and Auburn head basketball coach Bruce Pearl brought the stars out for the first ever "Bruce, Barkley and Basketball Golf Classic."
6. Once a year, window washers at an Indianapolis children's hospital put on superhero uniforms to brighten the days of the hospital's young patients.
7. A Memphis, TN church had the best response to break-ins at their youth center - a few of their members created a community pantry, helping those in need.
8. A Columbus teen is taking it upon himself to make sure a Vietnam War memorial stays in pristine condition.
9. A mother took to Facebook to tell the remarkable story about a very unlikely friendship between her young daughter and an elderly gentleman.
10. - Babies at a hospital's intensive care unit got costumed for Halloween, thanks to volunteers from The March of Dimes.
If you know of any positive events happening in our community you'd like us to cover, email us and we'll pass the information on to the newsroom.
Check out our previous Feel Good Friday stories at this link.