COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – Columbus State University homecoming week began Monday, Nov. 7, with a full slate of activities.
"I hope community members, as well as area alumni, come out to support CSU and their alma mater this weekend," said Jennifer Joyner, assistant vice president for alumni engagement and special events. "We have created events that are fun, family-friendly and mostly free to encourage our 15,000+ alumni that live in the area to get engaged with the university. It's a great time to be a Columbus State Cougar!"
CSU will again celebrate through the streets of downtown, from Broadway to Woodruff Park, during the annual CSU Homecoming Parade on Friday, Nov. 11 starting at 6:45 p.m.
After the parade, the public is invited to an "Evening on the River," featuring live music from Party Nation Band, Atlanta's favorite party band from 7 p.m. until 10 p.m. in CSU's Woodruff Park.
Guests are welcome to bring their own food and drink, although food and beverages also will be sold at the event.
"This year's Homecoming is going to be one to remember," said Cylina Velazquez, senior marketing major at CSU and student co-director of the Homecoming Committee.
Here is a list of scheduled events:
Block Party, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., clock tower on main campus
#Throwback Thursday Dance Party, 7-9 p.m., Student Recreation Center
- Veterans Day Picnic, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., clock tower on main campus
- Alumni Recognition Awards Program and Lunch, noon, Cunningham Center
- CSU Homecoming Parade, 6:30 p.m., downtown
- Evening on the River, 7-10 p.m., Woodruff Park
- CSU Alumni Association Fireworks Show, 9 p.m., downtown
Saturday, Nov. 12
- Parent and Family Day, 11 a.m.-4 p.m., main campus
- Tailgating, 12:30-4 p.m., Lumpkin Center lawn
- Cougarfest, 12:30-4 p.m., Lumpkin Center lawn
- Women’s Basketball, CSU vs. Agnes Scott, 2 p.m., Lumpkin Center
- Men’s Basketball, CSU vs. Ft. Benning, 4:30 p.m., Lumpkin Center