(WTVM) - People often say the news is depressing, and there's never anything positive being reported.
Well, we'd have to disagree.
While we often cover many tragic cases, we also share many stories of ordinary people spreading hope and happiness throughout their community.
Throughout the week, we'll compile a list of uplifting or positive stories and share them on Friday.
Take a look at these feel-good stories from earlier this week:
1. The physician treating the once-conjoined twins separated last month says the boys are doing better than expected.
2. A Columbus woman recently celebrated her 100th birthday!
3. A school bus driver made one of her students a new batch of cupcakes after the girl dropped her treats on the floor.
4. The Boys and Girls Clubs of the Chattahoochee Valley received two awards earlier this week.
5. A former minister kept his cool when a man on the run from police slipped into his home. He then prayed with and served coffee to the home invader.
6. A group of veterans from the Central Alabama Veterans Hospital were treated to an early Thanksgiving dinner by the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 5228.
7. A young Alaskan boy was born with an under-developed optic nerve that eyeglasses or contacts can't fix. But a new piece of technology is helping him see much more.
8. A California mother has launched a 'Make America Kind Again' campaign.
9. One teacher challenged her fellow teachers to participate in a challenge where they recognize students who inspires them to go to work every day.
10. Sweet photos of a South Carolina mother and daughter sporting matching "birthmarks" have gone viral.
If you know of any positive events happening in our community you'd like us to cover, email us and we'll pass the information on to the newsroom.
Check out our previous Feel Good Friday stories at this link.