COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – Columbus Consolidated Government has announced its closures for the week of Thanksgiving.
CCG will suspend all services on Thursday, Nov. 24 until Friday, Nov. 25. This is with the exception of emergency services such as fire, police, and ambulance.
The following services will be closed in observance of Thanksgiving:
- 311 Citizens Service Center: Closed Nov. 24 – Nov. 25
- Landfills- Granite Bluff/Pine Grove: Closed Nov. 24 – Nov. 25
- Recycling Center: Closed Nov. 24 – Nov. 25
- Parks and Recreation: Closed Nov. 24 – Nov. 25
- Animal Control: Closed Nov. 24 – Nov. 25
- Metra Bus Service: No bus service on Nov. 24 and administrative office will be closed Nov. 24-Nov. 25; On Nov. 25 the Saturday bus schedule will run
- Recorder’s Court: Closed Nov. 24 – Nov. 25
- Civic Center/Ice Rink: Closed Thursday, Nov. 24; Administrative office also closed Nov. 24 – Nov. 25. Columbus Ice Rink will open with scheduled programming on Friday, Nov. 25.
If your household garbage and recycling is normally collected on Monday or Thursday, during Thanksgiving week only it will be collected on Monday, Nov. 21.
If your household garbage and recycling is normally collected on Tuesday or Friday, during Thanksgiving week only it will be collected on Tuesday, Nov. 22.
Yard waste or bulk waste will not be collected the week of Nov. 21 – Nov. 25. Yard waste collection will resume their normal schedule beginning Monday, Nov. 28.
All regular services and normal hours of operation will resume on Monday, Nov. 28.