(WTVM) - People often say the news is depressing, and there's never anything positive being reported.
Well, we'd have to disagree.
While we often cover many tragic cases, we also share many stories of ordinary people spreading hope and happiness throughout their community.
Throughout the week, we'll compile a list of uplifting or positive stories and share them on Friday.
Take a look at these feel-good stories from earlier this week:
1. Friends surprised a hard-working man named Chris with a brand new car.
2. An Ohio family was able to escape a house fire completely unharmed, all thanks to their pet cat.
3. The sweet friendship between a 2-year-old Texas boy and the neighborhood garbage man is melting hearts.
4. A Memphis hospital successfully separated conjoined twins with a procedure that took 18 hours.
5. A Columbus State University professor has come up with an idea to make postal delivery "smarter."
6. This 7-year-old gymnast isn't letting her amputations slow her down.
7. A wrong number might be bringing two families together for Thanksgiving.
8. A check for $1,439,001 will now help the Chattahoochee Valley's United Way branch provide services to those in need across the area, thanks to a big fundraising goal for TSYS.
If you know of any positive events happening in our community you'd like us to cover, email us and we'll pass the information on to the newsroom.
Check out our previous Feel Good Friday stories at this link.