(WTVM) - People often say the news is depressing, and there's never anything positive being reported.
Well, we'd have to disagree.
While we often cover many tragic cases, we also share many stories of ordinary people spreading hope and happiness throughout their community.
Throughout the week, we'll compile a list of uplifting or positive stories and share them on Friday.
Take a look at these feel-good stories from earlier this week:
1. A Muscogee County teacher received the Milken Educator Award for Georgia and $25,000!
2. East Alabama represented big time in the Super 7 Football State Championships.
3. Residents in the Chattahoochee Valley now have a new way to show their gratitude for soldiers.
4. An Auburn University alumna and Opelika native is appearing on this season of ABC's "The Great American Baking Show."
5. Dolly Parton is coming to the aid of those impacted by the East Tennessee fires.
6. Students at a Georgia high school who gathered in the school's hallway during a potential tornado sang the Christmas song "Mary, Did You Know?" while waiting out the storm.
7. More than a hundred local pets have "forever homes" this holiday season thanks to some generous local organizations and wonderful families.
8. Students at a Connecticut university discovered kittens trapped in a storm drain on campus, and crews were able to rescue the four trapped animals the next morning.
9. This is just cute - a goat who suffers from anxiety calms down when her owner dresses her in a duck costume.
10. A Columbus police officer was honored with a special award after he was injured during a shooting incident in October.
11. For the first time ever, the Army's Armor Officer Leadership Course welcomed its first female graduates on Thursday.
12. A police department in Wisconsin is giving children who visit the station, for whatever reason, a stuffed animal to keep for comfort.
If you know of any positive events happening in our community you'd like us to cover, email us and we'll pass the information on to the newsroom.
Check out our previous Feel Good Friday stories at this link.