Man dies in Friday morning house fire in Greenville - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

BREAKING

Man dies in Friday morning house fire in Greenville

(Source: GA State Fire Marshal's Office) (Source: GA State Fire Marshal's Office)

MERIWETHER COUNTY, GA (WTVM) – One man is dead following a house fire in Greenville Friday morning.

The fire happened at around 7:43 a.m. at 240 South Depot Street.

Bennie Harris, 83, was pronounced dead at Warm Springs Medical Center after being rescued from the home by firefighters.

The home appears to be a total loss. According to firefighters, the fire does not appear suspicious but remains under investigation by state fire investigators.

Copyright 2017 WTVM. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly