(WTVM) – As severe weather is set to hit the Chattahoochee Valley on Wednesday; some places are being designated as shelters.
Shelters in East Alabama
- Fort Mitchell Volunteer Fire Department at 868 Hwy.165: Opening at 5 a.m. Wednesday
- Greene Hall at Auburn University: Opening at 4:30 a.m. Wednesday
- Providence Baptist Church in Opelika: Opening at 10 p.m. Tuesday
- Ralph Brown Draughon Library at Auburn University: Will open when a watch is issued
- Waverly Community at 2094 Patrick St. in Waverly, AL: Currently opened
- Greene Hall and Ralph Brown Draughn Library on Auburn University's campus
Shelters in West Georgia
- Damascus Way Home for Women and Children at 1200 11th Avenue in Columbus
- Safe House at 2101 Hamilton Rd. in Columbus will open from 7 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Wednesday
- The American Red Cross is on standby and shelter locations are based on where the damage is located. Red Cross will not know shelter locations until the storm strikes.
- Valley Rescue Mission at 2903 2nd Ave. in Columbus will go on extended hours Wednesday
If you know of any other shelters opening in our area, send us an email to email@example.com.