(WTVM) – The National Weather Service has confirmed nine tornadoes went through the Chattahoochee valley area on Monday, April 3.
Here is a list of confirmed tornados with rating and wind speed:
- Muscogee County: EF-1 with 90 mph winds touched down along Cusseta Rd. at 11:42 a.m.
Damage: Numerous trees down, homes damaged in a mobile home community south of St. Mary's Rd. as well as neighborhoods along Vivian Ln. and Northstar Dr.
- Stewart County: EF-0 with 85 mph winds touched down along Green Gove Rd. southwest of Lumpkin at 12:10 p.m.
Damage: Trees down, damage to Stewart County High School.
- Stewart County: EF-0 with 70 mph winds touched down along Hwy. 27 southwest of Richland at 12:16 p.m.
Damage: Trees down, small shed damaged along Hwy. 27 and Pleasant Valley Rd.
- Webster County: EF-0 with 75 mph winds touched down near Seminole Rd. at 12:16 p.m.
Damage: Trees down around County Rd. 8 and 123, Hwy. 41, Churchhill Rd. A large tree fell on a car along Hwy. 280, trapping a man inside.
- Talbot County: EF-0 with 70 mph winds touched down along Boot Kelly Rd. around 12:18 p.m.
Damage: Trees down, trampoline tossed on Boot Kelly Rd. Trees down near Po Biddy Rd.
- Talbot County: EF-1 with 105 mph winds touched down along Po Biddy Rd. and Jeff Hendricks Rd. at 12:26 p.m.
Damage: Trees down over the road on Poplar Cross Rd., tree falls onto unoccupied home along Carl Mathis Rd., barn destroyed.
- Upson County: EF-0 with 70 mph winds touched down near Thomaston along John B. Gordon Rd. at 12:36 p.m.
Damage: Trees snapped on John B Gordon Rd and US 10, minor roof damage to several homes along Samuel Atwater Rd.
- Upson County: EF-1 with 90 mph winds touched down near Birdsong Rd. at 12:44 p.m.
Damage: Trees down on Birdsong Rd., Waymanville Rd. Minor damage to a church on Logtown and Taylor Dr. intersection.
- Schley County: EF-1 with 105 mph winds touched down west of Ellaville near Chancey Dr. at 12:46 p.m.
Damage: Trees down, several homes damaged in southwest Ellaville near Pinefield Dr. and Ridgewood Dr. Building collapsed onto peanut storage pins on S Callaway Dr. and Broad St. Several mobile homes overturned at mobile home manufacturer. A total of more than 40 homes and 12 businesses sustained damaged. The entire town of Ellaville was without power for more than 24 hours.