Gas meter rupture causes fire at Woodruff Road business - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

Gas meter rupture causes fire at Woodruff Road business

(Source: Hunter Hardy) (Source: Hunter Hardy)

COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – Columbus firefighters battled a business fire Monday morning.

The back of the FleetPride business caught fire between Manchester Expressway and Woodruff Road.

That intersection was previously closed as utility workers had to cut off the ruptured gas line, but the road has now been reopened.

Fire Marshal Ricky Shores says a forklift operator hit a gas meter which ruptured a line causing the fire.

The forklift operator was taken to the hospital with burn-related injuries, no word on his condition.

Copyright 2017 WTVM. All rights reserved. | For more news, download the WTVM app here

Powered by Frankly