Firefighters put out Lawyers Ln. house fire after man falls asle - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports

Firefighters put out Lawyers Ln. house fire after man falls asleep cooking chicken

(Source: WTVM) (Source: WTVM)
(Source: WTVM) (Source: WTVM)

COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – Lawyers Lane was blocked off for some time as firefighters battled a house fire.

According to Chief Mark Burnett with the Columbus Fire Department, a man fell asleep while he was cooking chicken and grease on the stove caused a fire to ignite.

The man made it out of the house and suffered no injuries, only some smoke inhalation.

There is heavy damage inside the home from fire and smoke, but firefighters were able to extinguish the flames

Copyright 2017 WTVM. All rights reserved. For more news, download the WTVM app here.

Powered by Frankly