OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
- Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WTVM-TV 1909 Wynnton Rd Columbus, GA 31906; Zoe Pediatrics 959 17th St, Columbus, GA 31901 (“Sponsor(s)”). The promotion begins at 12:00 AM EST on 8/8/2017 and ends at 11:59 PM EST on 8/18/2017. Entries must be received by 11:59 PM EST on 8/18/2017. Promotion is subject to local, state, and federal laws, and is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules. This promotion is no way sponsored by, endorsed by, or associated in any way with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. All times herein are Eastern time zone.
In the event production of the upcoming season of ABC’s American Idol (currently scheduled to begin in January 2018) (the “Program”) is cancelled or postponed, the prizing may be cancelled without substitution or compensation therefor.
Entering this Promotion is not an audition for the Program itself. Individuals eligible for the Program may also learn how to audition by visiting www.americanidol.com.
Apple is not involved in any way with this contest or sweepstakes.
- Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station’s viewing area: Georgia and Alabama in the following counties: Harris, Muscogee, Chattahoochee, Stewart, Quitman, Clay, Randolph, Webster, Sumter, Marion, Schley, Taylor, Talbot, Troup, Chambers, Lee, Russell, and Barbour. By June 11, 2017, entrant must be 15 to 28 years old. Employees and immediate family members of employees of WTVM-TV, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified. Text and messaging rates may apply.
If entrant is a minor (18 years of age or younger in Alabama, 17 years of age or younger in Georgia), entrant must have a parent or legal guardian sign the required participant agreements, releases and all exhibits, schedules and attachments thereto that will be furnished to him/her in connection with this Promotion.
To participate in this Promotion, entrant must meet the eligibility requirements for the Program, which can be reviewed at www.americanidol.com and are attached to these rules as Exhibit A. Additionally, entrants must be able to prove that:
- By June 11, 2017, entrant must be 15 to 28 years old (which means entrant must be born on or between June 12, 1988 and June 11, 2002). If entrant was born before or after this window, he/she is not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
- Entrant must be a legal U.S. resident with the unrestricted right to work in the United States throughout this Promotion and the entire competition portion of the Program and through the term of any post show agreements provided by American Idol Productions, Inc., the producer of the Program (the “Producer”), or any of the other Program Entities (as defined below).
- To accept an invitation to participate in the competition portion of the Program, entrant must be able to demonstrate to the satisfaction of Sponsor(s) that he/she does not have any contractual arrangement that would prohibit him/her from fully participating in the Program and/or entering into any contracts required by Producer, including, but not limited to, an exclusive recording contract, merchandising contract, a live and/or global touring agreement and an exclusive management contract (subject to paragraph (d) below).
- In the event that entrant already has a management contract prior to his/her first audition in front of the Promotion judges, the requirement to enter into a management contract shall not apply to entrant provided that entrant can demonstrate to the satisfaction of Sponsor(s) that such contract commenced prior to the date of his/her first audition in front of the Promotion judges. By accepting an invitation to be a participant in this Promotion, entrant must timely complete and return such participant agreements, releases and all exhibits, schedules and attachments thereto that will be furnished to him/her by the Sponsor(s) or Producers.
- Entrant must not currently be a candidate for public office and must agree not to become a candidate for public office until one (1) year after the initial exhibition of the final episode of the Program in which you appear (if selected to participate).
- As of June 11, 2017 and continuing through the completion of the Program’s competition, neither the entrant nor any of the entrant’s immediate family members or members of entrant’s household (whether related or not), may be an employee, officer or director of: (a) NEG Operations Inc. and all majority owned subsidiaries (including, but not limited to, 19 Entertainment Limited, 19 Entertainment, Inc., 19 Touring LLC, 19 Recordings Limited and 19 TV Limited) (collectively, the “19 Companies”); (b) American Idol Productions, Inc. (“Producer”); (c) American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. (“ABC”); (d) FremantleMedia North America, Inc. (“FremantleMedia”); (e) Telescope Inc.; (f) any of the foregoing entities’ respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies; (g) any person or entity involved in the casting, auditions, development, production, distribution, or other exploitation of the Program or any variation thereof; (h) any known, major sponsor of the Program; or (i) any person or entity supplying services or prizes to the Program. The entities described in the preceding sentence shall be referred to herein, individually and collectively, as the “Program Entities.”
- Entrant must accurately complete all documents provided by Sponsor(s) or any other entity providing services to this Promotion.
- Entrant must also comply with any other eligibility requirements imposed by the Producer or ABC.
Please note that in order to enjoy the full benefit of any prize offered as part of this Promotion, entrant must be a legal U.S. resident with the unrestricted right to work in the United States throughout the entire competition portion of the Program and through the term of any post show agreements provided by Producer or any of the other Program Entities.
Sponsor(s) has the sole discretion to make determinations of contestant eligibility, which are binding and final in all respects, and Sponsor(s) reserves the right to change any of the eligibility requirements at any time. In addition, entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor(s) has the sole discretion at any time to render ineligible and disqualify any person who, in Sponsor(s) sole discretion, is sufficiently acquainted with the development, production, administration, judging, exhibition or other exploitation of the Promotion such that his or her participation in the Promotion could create the appearance of impropriety.
- How to Enter
There are (2) ways to enter this promotion. Beginning at 12:00 AM EST on 8/8/2017 individuals can access the American Idol Contest section of the WTVM app and complete an entry form with entrant’s name, phone number, email, city, state, age and a link to a video of him/herself performing a song acapella or accompanied by a musical instrument. See Section 5 below for additional video submission details. Or visit the WTVM studios 1909 Wynnton Rd. Columbus GA 31906 Monday-Friday 8:30a-5:30p and fill out and entry form and drop off sample video. Entries must be received by 11:59 PM EST on 8/18/2017 in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that ABC, Producers, WTVM-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WTVM-TV may release entrant’s personally identifiable registration information, including but not limited to the entrant’s contact information, email address, and all information contained in the entrant’s social media profile, to ABC, Producers, or the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WTVM-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant’s personally identifiable information by ABC, Producers, or the other Sponsor(s) or the Social Media Sites (as defined below).
- Ownership and Publicity Rights. By submitting an entry in any form, entrant represents and warrants that he/she owns the copyrights and moral rights to any and all artistic or commercial works contained in his/her entry, including any images, logos, music, videos, and/or literary or written content (even if such works are in the background). In exchange for the opportunity to participate in this Promotion, entrant grants ABC, Producers, and Sponsor(s) the perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, and irrevocable right, but not the obligation, to use, edit, alter, copy, reproduce, disclose, display, publish, prepare derivative works from, perform, distribute, exhibit, broadcast, stream, embed, or otherwise exploit the entry, in whole or in part, whether in connection with the promotion or not, in any form, media or technology, now known or hereafter developed, including, without limitation, broadcast and cable television, radio, mobile transmission and the Internet, for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, advertising, promotion, entertainment and commercial purposes, without any payment to, or further authorization by, the entrant. Entrant represents and warrants that he/she has the right to grant all of the rights in this paragraph to ABC, Producers, and the Sponsor(s), and that he/she has secured all third party rights, including but not limited to copyrights, trademark, and privacy rights contained within his/her entry. Entrant represents and warrants that the entry is original and that all factual statements contained in it are true and correct and not exaggerated. If at any time Sponsor(s) receive a request to remove any entry from Sponsor(s) broadcast, website, blog, twitter account, message board, podcast, social media profile, mobile application, or other media claiming entrant’s failure to secure or possess any of the rights contained herein, Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to remove the submission and eliminate entrant from further consideration in this promotion. If any entry: (1) contains material that is violent, pornographic, obscene, illegal, inappropriate, defamatory, or racially or morally offensive; (2) does not comply with these rules; or (3) does not meet Sponsor(s) standards for any reason whatsoever, Sponsor(s) reserve the right to reject the entry as ineligible for submission. Please see our website’s Terms of Service for terms and conditions on content submissions.
- File Formats. Video submissions should be 1:00 or less in length, and sent a link via services such as YouTube, Vimeo. Do not try to upload videos as an attachment.
- Prize(s). A total of 9 “Front of the Line” passes will be awarded. The Front of the Line passes allows the winner to go to the front of the audition line. Note: there will still be some wait tim due to the audition process. The Front of the Line pass does not guarantee an audition in front of the celebrity judges. Sponsor(s) is not responsible for winners’ travel accommodations to auditions. If winner is unable to attend the audition for any reason, the prize is forfeited.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
Any prize awarded during this Promotion is subject to these rules, including but not limited to Section 10 below, and the American Idol Audition Terms and Conditions, which are available for review at www.americanidol.com.
- How the Prizes are Awarded. All eligible entries will be reviewed by a panel of 5 WTVM staff members on or by 8/18/2017. The group will vote on their favorites and will select the 9 winners, based on talent and merit. Winners will be notified by phone on 8/18/2017 by 5:00pm
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. A driver’s license, appropriate picture identification, or other proof that entrant is the owner of an account or profile is required to claim a prize. The winner(s) will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a publicity release, and a liability release prior to accepting prize. Failing compliance with any of these conditions, the winner will forfeit his/her selection and Sponsor(s) shall have the right but not the obligation to select another winner(s) based on the original judging criteria. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by 8/21/2017 5:00pm eastern or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WTVM -TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WTVM -TV if WTVM-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WTVM TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner’s name, voice, likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto, including any information that is publicly available on the winner’s social media profile or account, or to which the winner gave Sponsor(s) permission to access, either directly or indirectly, through the Social Media Sites or any related application.
- Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, and American Idol Promotions, Inc., FremantleMedia North America, Inc., American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., NEG Operations Inc. and all majority owned subsidiaries (including, but not limited to, 19 Entertainment Limited, 19 Entertainment, Inc., 19 Touring LLC, 19 Recordings Limited and 19 TV Limited), Telescope, Inc. and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, licensees and assignees of each, from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, defamation, invasion of privacy, misappropriation of likeness, false light, copyright or trademark infringement, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused. By entering this promotion, entrant fully and completely releases the Social Media Sites from any liability associated with or related to participation in this promotion.
- Sponsor’s Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WTVM-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WTVM-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor’s/Sponsors’ web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
- List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WTVM-TV 1909 Wynnton Rd Columbus, GA 31906 between 8/18/2017 and 9/18/2017