(WTVM) – Due to the total solar eclipse, several school systems in the Chattahoochee Valley are altering their school dismissal schedules.
Here is a breakdown of schools and what their plans are for the solar eclipse on Monday, Aug. 21.
- Elementary schools will dismiss at Noon ET (afternoon school bus routes will be adjusted two-and-a-half hours earlier than normal)
- Middle and High schools will operate under their normal schedules with outdoor activities scheduled inside
- All PE classes and afternoon recesses will be held indoors
- Parents who wish to check-out their child before 1 p.m. may do so without penalty)
- Elementary schools and Creekside will dismiss 30 minutes later than usual. The delay will be used for educational opportunities related to the eclipse.
- Elementary schools will dismiss at 3 p.m. ET
- Middle schools will dismiss at 4:15 p.m. ET (The HOPE Academy will dismiss at 3 p.m. ET)
- Callaway, LaGrange, and Troup High will dismiss at 4 p.m. ET
- The HOPE Academy will dismiss at 3 p.m. ET
- THINC College & Career Academy will dismiss at 3:30 p.m. ET
- Parents who wish to check-out their child early may do so without penalty as long as there is a written consent from a parent or guardian
Don't see your school on the list? Send us an email and let us know by clicking here.