COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – The Muscogee County School District has open house deadlines for middle and high school magnet programs.
Open house sessions are scheduled throughout the fall from Oct. 19 until Dec. 12, 2017. Parents and students have the opportunity to learn about the different magnet programs, the application process, and requirements.
All prospective students are required to apply and complete entrance criteria.
Out-of-county and out-of-state students are not eligible to attend Columbus High School Liberal Arts Magnet unless they are a resident of Muscogee County.
There is an exception for Muscogee County School District employees. If accepted, the employee must pay the applicable tuition rate for out-of-county residency or out-of-state residency for each child.
Here are important deadlines:
- Middle and high school Open House sessions: Oct. 19-Dec. 12, 2017
- Online Magnet Application opens on MCSD: Nov. 1-Feb. 3, 2018
- Entrance criteria or exam for any prospective student must be complete: Feb. 3, 2018
- Mail acceptance or non-acceptance notification letter to parents/legal guardians: Feb. 7, 2018
- Parents/legal guardians are required to return enrollment forms acknowledging acceptance: March 2, 2018
- Only new students to the school district are allowed to apply to an academy/magnet program after March 3, 2018
For the open house schedule click here.