COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - St. Francis Hospital hosted a 'night out for the girls' to raise awareness of the importance of mammography during Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Mocktails, Manicures, and Mammograms targeted women interested in learning more about the newest technologies being used to fight breast cancer. The event took place Monday, Oct. 23.
Attendees toured the Breast Center, visited educational displays, and were treated to manicures and refreshments. Guests were also allowed to schedule mammograms. The event is free to attend.
There were two mini-seminars to take place at 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Topics included:
- How to correctly perform breast self-examinations
- Risk factors for breast cancer
- How often you should have a mammogram
- What the latest advances in diagnosis, treatment and recovery include
- Newest techniques in breast surgery