COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – Tonight, ABC presents a two-hour television special that features an emotional interview with figure skater Tonya Harding.
Harding opens up about her life now, her childhood and her past, discussing the attack on figure skater Nancy Kerrigan that dominated headlines for weeks and the alleged tumultuous relationships she had with both her mother, LaVona "Sandy" Golden, and her now ex-husband Jeff Gillooly.
The special features rarely seen video of Harding as a child and interviews with:
- Television news anchor Connie Chung, whose interview with Harding during the 1994 Olympics was cut short when she walked out
- Christine Brennan, USA Today sports columnist, and ABC commentator
- Dody Teachman, Harding’s former and current coach
- Norman Frink, the former district attorney who prosecuted Harding and Gillooly
- Matt Harkins and Viviana Olen, curators of THNK1994, the Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan museum
- Sandra Luckow, director of Hard Edges, the 1986 documentary on Harding
- People magazine’s Kate Coyne
- Sports broadcaster Ann Schatz
- “I, Tonya” Golden Globe nominated actress Margot Robbie
- “I, Tonya” Golden Globe winning actress Allison Janney
"Truth and Lies: The Tonya Harding Story" airs on Thursday, Jan. 11 (9:00 – 11:00 p.m. EST), on WTVM