COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - Auburn police and fire crews responded to a hazmat situation at Auburn University this afternoon.
The incident occurred in Funchess hall at Auburn.
A hazardous chemical was reportedly poured down the drain during the cleanup process in one of the rooms being cleaned.
The chemical did not go all the way down the drain and caused an odor in the building.
One person inside the building reported lightheadedness as a result of the fumes and immediately pulled the fire alarm signal.
That person is okay and refused to be transported to the hospital. The building is now back open and crews have cleared the scene.