COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - Fort Benning's only credit union, Kinetic, is ready to assist their members who may be affected by the federal government shutdown.
"We understand the great importance that our active duty and civilian members having in supporting our military and government, "said Janet Davis, President and CEO of Kinetic. "We are prepared to assist them during the shutdown to help them financially during the furlough."
Current members with direct deposit who are being furloughed will be eligible for:
- Furlough loan with amounts up to two weeks net pay
- 0% APR for the first 60 days. After 60 days, the rate will be the same as the shared secured loan at that time, currently 4.1% APR
- Term up to 12 months
Members affected by the shutdown, including those without direct deposit will have also have options:
- May apply for a personal loan
- Option of penalty-free withdrawals
- May apply for extensions on current loans
To take advantage of this service, members can call (706) 320-8575 or visit any full-service Kinetic branch.