Alabama teens hospitalized after drinking detergent

PELHAM, AL (WTVM) – It's one thing to have your mouth washed out with soap, but this is something different altogether.

Four Alabama high school students are recovering after drinking washing detergent mixed with water.

Officials say the teenagers were taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure.

They were all released after getting checked over Pelham city schools spokeswoman Nicole Knight said an investigation is underway, she said couldn't confirm if this was another example of the infamous "tide pod challenge."

Copyright 2018 WTVM. All rights reserved. | For more news, download the WTVM app here.