Feel Good Friday: Dog rescued from house fire recovers

COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - A big dog with an even bigger will to live has been given a good prognosis by vets at Auburn's veterinarian school.

Adler, a four-year-old German Shepherd, made news after firefighters in Alexander City, AL rescued him from a house fire last month.

First responders say the dog was near death after he inhaled smoke and had carbon monoxide poisoning.

Adler eventually ended up at the Auburn veterinarian teaching hospital after he began having seizures and could not walk.

On Thursday, Feb. 8, the school reported that after weeks of intensive care, Adler has received a clean bill of health and is expected to make a full recovery.

Auburn vets say Adler's case is an "excellent example of a team working together to save an animal's life."

Copyright 2018 WTVM. All rights reserved. | For more news, download the WTVM app here.