COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – Several railroad crossings around Columbus will be closed off for repairs.
Norfolk Southern Railway is temporarily closing railroad crossings starting next week, Feb. 28th, so that the asphalt on the tracks can be repaired.
Traffic control signs and detour routes will be provided.
Each crossing repair is expected to take one working day. The following is the list of the crossings and their closing dates:
- · Technology Parkway – Wednesday, February 28th
- · Schatulga Road – Thursday, March 1st
- · Cargo Drive – Friday, March 2nd
- · Woodruff Farm Road – Monday, March 5th
- · Forrest Road – Tuesday, March 6th
- · Morris Road – Wednesday, March 7th
For more information or questions about the closings, contact the Columbus Consolidated Government Engineering Department at 706-653-4441.